Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snow Day











It's another snow day! The second in Corner Brook this year. The grandchildren in Little Rock have had six or seven this year. Somehow I think the snow drifts in Arkansas can't match this one at my patio window.
The pigeons and yellow finch are dancing around the feeder, hoping there may be a second feeding.
I'm not sure I'll ever get used to winter. It feels like we are living in Anarctica. Summer and greenery seem like a long forgotten memory. They say we are shaped by our culture. In India the futher south you go the hotter the curry..... I wonder how this climate has shaped us. More cheese, more chocolate. Eating seems to be one way I cope with stormy weather. I want to cook black bottom muffins, but have no eggs. Do I dare venture out to buy some eggs? Even the garbage truck hasn't been by....
My cat Rocky is longing for spring.Every moning he waits at the door asking me to check to see if spring has arrived. How lucky he is to have a cozy home. I have been feeding some feral cats on the hill behind an abandoned hospital. There are many cats in the city who have no home. I wonder what their lives must be like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely images Marilee. I am such a believer in climate affecting food culture. When the snow sets in, I think we Newfoundlanders have an instinct for comfort and plumpness. :-)

So glad to see you back blogging.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Glad that you are back blogging. You have a beautiful voice, wonderful insights and fascinating thoughts and questions about the world.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home