Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

It's been awhile. I've been travelling. Doing the April Birthday circuit. My brother's 75th in Burlington/Hamilton ,Ontario . Then my birthday (I've given up telling my age) in Virginia Beach. And this very special grandson's 5th birthday in Little Rock Arkansas.He had a very"fancy" party.

We all had wonderful birthdays. This morning as a meditation I reviewed my birthday cards and extended love back to all those well wishers.

It's lobster season in Western Newfoundland. And we had a great lobster boil up on Friday evening. What a feast ! Partridgeberry Rub-Bub cake with Fussel's cream for dessert.
And my "nearby" grandson had his 8th birthday on Saturday. He had a dirt bike party.So it's been a wonderful season of celebration. New babies and more on the way.
Not to put a damper on things , but it is snowing here this morning. I can't believe it! Large big globs of slushy snow..... It makes me want to be back in Little Rock sitting on the porch listening to the father cardinal guard his nest .
Our annual Mother's Day outing is in York Harbour at the Candlelite Inn this afternoon. My daughter's mother in law and all the females of the clan treat ourselves to a nice meal out. The men are left to mind the children and fend for themselves, while we drink champagne and eat gourmet.Just the way it should be on Mother's Day. I hope you are having a good one!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger patsyrose said...

I'm so sorry I missed you by one day when you were in Hamilton. And I wish I was joining you now on your gourmet crawl!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home