Monday, February 14, 2011

My funny Valentine

I love this photo. I'm borrowing it from my daughter. I was looking for a Valentine photo . This one is perfect! Look at that smile! Leaning on his Mommy's hand. Pure bliss.
I love Valentine's Day. I am a hopeless romantic. Luckily I married a romantic. He sent me flowers, wrote poems and reminded me I was beautiful.....
When I was a little girl, Valentine's Day was special. I laboured over the large book of Valentines, which had to be cut out and the envelopes assembled. Which Valentine to give to which friend. The most special would be for the boy you secretly loved. I had a secret love. I met him in Grade one. His name was Paul. He sat in front of me. The first time he spoke to me was to criticized my drawing. I had drawn a sun with sun rays beaming out in the upper left hand corner of my picture. He told me it looked like a spider and it frightened him. I immediately was smitten with him (probably because he spoke to me). I continued to love him all the way through school, from Grade one to Grade twelve. Partly because he was unattainable. He announced in Grade one that he was going to be a priest!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that smile is as big as the world.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you for blogging again, I love reading your stories.
Happy Valentines Day, I love you!

3:28 PM  
Blogger bluebird of paradise said...

love you dear Kimmy, you also need to blog more. Just look at your Mom!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home