Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summertime

They were here and now they're gone. Summer goes by too fast. It seems like a dream.
Waiting so long , then it whizzes by. But I have to say we enjoyed every second. It was a wonderful visit. Having my grandchildren in the same place was a marvel. They bonded immediately.Everyday was an adventure.
I loved seeing the recognition of place and people on the older boys faces. It must be like going to Ireland, Iceland or China and knowing these are "my people". I had that feeling when I visited Norway.The faces were so familiar. It was thought I had found my clan.
My little house is lonely. The animals are keeping me occuppied as they have all been sick. Perhaps it's a delayed reaction to stress.The Vet bills have been astronomical! Pet owners need to lobby for "medicare " for animals. It sometimes comes down to cost versus a beloved pet's life.
What will the rest of summer hold. I am missing a trip to the Bay of Fundy. This may be the first year I haven't gone home.
I'm sure there are a few more surprises left before Labour Day... there always is .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home