Thursday, January 22, 2009

At Last



Stiff Legs arrived this morning. I won him in a contest on a wonderful blog :moaromigboyles.typepad.com. She is a wonderful artist who created "The Thirteen Christmas Elves (or sometimes called the Christmas Lads) After Christmas, she had a draw to see who would win the one with the most comments. To my complete surprise, it was me!
He is right beside me. We are falling in love, at least I am. I'm hoping he will too. Perhaps he was in love with Mo'a and is missing her. I promise him a good home and protection from the naughty cats. They haven't noticed him yet.

It has been an auspicious week. The long awaited farewell to George W Bush and the ever so welcomed inaguration of Barack Hussien Obama . I loved that he used his full name. How amazing!~ The first black President wth a Muslim name! We do live in wonderous times. I loved that he stumbled with the oath, like a bridegroom stumbling over those momentous words.
I love the way he and his wife look at each other. They shut the rest of the world out. We need affirmation of old lovers. The beautiful daughters, so natural and graceful.

I wept buckets watching the video of Pete Seeger and Bruce Springsteen.That was a dream realized on the Lincoln Memorial, a sea of hope singing along. Woody Guthrie's song "This Land is Your Land". The poetry of it all.
The other miracle of the week was the plane landing in the Hudson River. The image of the passengers standing on the sunken wings. They looked like they were walking on water. What a beautiful image. It stands in stark contrast to the horror of the 9/11 images.That pilot! The perfect combination of courage, years of experience, confidence and I'm sure faith. The fact he was also a glider was pivitol in my view.
Isn't life grand? In the midst of the looming economic disaster, such images of hope. I am so grateful to be witness to these times.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

So here's your new love - quite handsome, good job! :-)

I was at work during the Inauguration - but all came to a screeching halt, especially for his speech. I loved it!

Exciting times.

8:00 PM  
Blogger patsyrose said...

When I heard that you had a new man in your life and that I should read your blog to learn more about him, you can imagine how my eyebrows lifted when I read that "Stifflegs" had arrived.

He is cute, but keep an open mind about a live one, okay?

I, for one of many, have fallen in love with Obama and his beautiful family. I hope he lives up to our expectations. He's a shining star right now and I'm hoping so much he won't disappoint us.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I would love to see this thing beside a picture of Al, because, from my memory he looks a lot like him.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home