Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Break fast

Isn't this a perfect breakfast? A double latte with skim milk, a Montreal bagel and the morning edition! I am a happy camper today. It's snowing , it's miserable outside, but in here in my cozy little outport house its lovely and warm.
I have taken control over my eating.:-)
I have decided that from 6am to 6pm I can eat(the opposite of Ramadam), not all that I want, but moderately. But I must finish by sundown.

I have been walking almost everyday and yesterday I ventured to skate. I felt ridiculous hanging on to the side boards ,but I manage not to fall and even do 6 turns around the ice surface. I only once nearly fell and that was because of Elvis. Someone switched the music from Newfoundland new folk/country /Irish to Elvis.That was almost my undoing.My body wanted to jive. I hurled backwards, then managed to catch myself, just in time. I also felt a little brave seeing I hadn't skated for probably 50 years, and I am very overweight.
As children we skated up at "the bog" under the moonlight. The boys played hockey, while the girls figure skated like Barbara Ann Scott. We did figure 8's, twirlled and zig zagged backwards. It was all so magical. There is nothing like skating outdoors on a pond.
I already feel thinner. I have learned this about my body, one day can make a difference. I believe by overeating one day you can give yourself a heart attack and conversely by behaving and eating healthy , you can reverse your fortune. My theory is backed up by Dr.Ornish.If you don't believe me google "TED.com" and search for a talk by Dr.Ornish , who will verify my thesis.
Rosey. my cat is sitting here in front of the computer, she is bored today, not being outdoors. she is one of the two kittens, I found a year ago, abandoned in a field. She and her brother Rocky are pretty happy living with me.They've matured a lot ,however are capable of mischief when indoors too long. Lucky my dog is not happy, he hasn't had a walk today. I might have to brave the elements to take him out. Not something I want to do, but must . It's our compact. He agreed to live indoors with me,but only if I promised to walk him everyday.......
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Laughed out loud over Elvis! Way to go Marilee!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love the 'heart' in your latte.
xoxoxo

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home