Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Can!

We did it! Our day has arrived.We are at the mountain top......
I speak as an aging civil rights supporter and aging hippy and a social democrat . I sang "We shall overcome" to my daughter in Little Rock Arkansas home of Rosa Parks.
My favourite quote of the night was: "Rosa sat so King could walk, King walked so Obama could run, Obama ran so we could fly".

My favourite scene was when Obama and Biden took Biden's mother and Michelle's mother' s hand and walked them to the front of the stage. Behind them was a cadre of little girls, black and white looking so happy and proud.

Honouring our past and the future.

Honouring women!

It was such an emotional night. Thanks to CBC who did such a great job. I only have 2 TV channels neither of which is American, so I was so grateful to have such great coverage.I only felt a twinge of envy that our recent election didn't generate as much (or any) excitement.

America I am happy for you!

My nine year old grandson was up till the end. He knew he was witnessing history. He will always remember this date, just as I remember when JFK was elected.

Having lived in the 50's and 60's , looking over the sea of faces at Grant Field last night was amazing. Nothing but pure joy on the faces of Obama supporters.

Today my friend and I walked around the pond sharing our excitement and hope for a better world , even in these difficult times. It is mild here today, it feels like spring......
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Just Plain eldly me said...

OMG My heart felt like it would burst I was so happy.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home