Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Obama = Hope


Election Day U.S.A., November 4, 2008
The day we have been long been waiting for is here. I'm so excited and a wee bit fearful. So much hangs in the balance. No less than my wonderful American grandsons' future is at stake. What a wonderful legacy for them to be able to tell their grandchildren about the day the first African American was elected President !
I have been fantasizing about the inauguration day , what celebration. it will be, like nothing we have ever seen. At last all the heros of the civil rights movement will be appeased. The hard won battles have paid off. And what a leader Barak Obama will be. I believe he will be a formidable president like Abraham Lincoln.
When I think back over the past eight years, the only postive thing I can say is we survived ,barely. If there were any real justice in the war, Bush, Cheny, Rice, Rumsfield and Wolferwitz would be tried as war criminals.I sincerely hope history will not be kind to them.
In order to calm my fears I tell myself it is out of my hands. It is in the hands of the voters.
Please God guide them towards the light....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

beautifully written. xxx

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home