Friday, April 13, 2007



"wee ball"


this is the view from my daughter's cabin. it's of an island in the bay of island's , it's official name is "tweed island" but locally it's always been known as "wee ball". the photo doesn't show the entire island , it is very round and steep. in the summer it always has a perfect little cloud cap hovering over it. i call it "wee ball's hat". some day i want to write a children's book about wee ball.
my late father-in-law used to call me a "wee ball" if i was acting stand-offish.

the photo was taken on good friday. we went down with the children and had such a wonderful time. the ice is still in the bay and the children "copied" the ballyclatters. in other words they jumped from ice pan to ice pan. this was a great sport in outports in the spring. and a dangerous one as often the icepans would be floating and with the right wind they could float out to sea with the little adventurer still on it.
no crocus up in my garden yet, however the sun has been out for three days this week and is feeling strong on my face. the snow is evaporating . it's still a bit coolish though..
it's taken me a couple of weeks to adjust to being home. i miss the warmth of the south. and also missed having someone around all the time. it was a great holiday. now i have to settle in to 'real life'.
i guess i feel a little like a "wee ball" these days myself!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger patsyrose said...

That is a powerful picture...the grandeur of nature. No wonder nature in all it's magnificance seems holier to us than the inside of a church???

9:02 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

All this time I didn't know you had your own blog! I had checked your profile - but it never showed me a link. Well - now that I know you are stuck with me. I'll be checking in frequently!

9:59 AM  
Blogger bluebird of paradise said...

thanks erika! i haven't figured out how to put links on my blog. and only know one way to add photos. that's through picassio.......

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home