Friday, December 08, 2006

this is my front door. come in . i'm almost ready for christmas. you can help me trim the tree. i'll put the kettle on and we'll sample the fruit cake.
the fire will be lit, the cat and the dog will be stretched out before it.
we will listen to lloyd bartlett's new christmas cd.
he plays classical guitar.i will tell you a story of each precious ornament. the oldest one a clear amber glass ball is from the tree of childhood,the red faux metallic bell was from my husband's childhood tree.
the one eyed snowman with the lopsided smile was my daughter's first homemade ornament.
the santa's workshop is from the children's aunt. she started a tradition of giving them each an ornament as a christmas gift each year.
the chreche is the last gift my mother gave to me before she died at 93.
each and every ornament has a special memory.
that's what makes christmas so wonderful. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your words welcome me right into your home and your life.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home