Saturday, September 16, 2006

photos

to begin with i am computer illiterate, well almost. i sometimes amaze myself with my ability to stumble on things. since i have never taken a computer course , i do okay most times. but i am stumped at trying to figure out how to put photos on my blog.
i have gone to the help desk. i have tried to copy and paste.i have read and reread blogspot's" how to post your photo on your blog". none of it has been successful. this morning i wasted an hour trying. and i thought i had succeeded by pasting the 'url 'in the space provided in 'edit your profile' i was so excited , and then deflated to have a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the center , tell me that the 'url 'contained some illegal content. what had i done!
god knows i may have the CIA at my doorstep in a few moments, perhaps a swat team from HOMELAND SECURITY.
i even went to the extreme of reducing the window of my blog and the window of my photos and tried to drag the photo across the great divide to my blog. there was a "poof" and my blog disappeared. all i was left with was my shrunken photo.
so as a result the lone reader of my blog won't be able to see a picture of my front door in winter. so i'll describe it to her. it's a cherry red, with a lovely christmas wreath dusted with snow. the door is in a corner of the house which faces the road. the house is white with dark brown trim. there is an over hang kind of porch. you get the drift. and it is true a picture is worth a thousand words. if i used a thousand words to describe my front entrance, you would never see it as it really is..........
so unless i figure out how to put the photo on my blog, you will just have to come and see it for yourself (in winter of course, on a very stormy day in january) i will have the kettle on ...........

3 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Oh, please, put out three cups and I'll come, too? This is a wonderful place to read - you may think yourself computer illiterate, but your way of expressing yourself, and of stating truths and thinking on paper show you a master at communicating. I came through the back door, here, having found a comment of your daughter's on a blog I frequent. I've enjoyed her space, and now yours, so I thank you both.

6:25 PM  
Blogger bluebird of paradise said...

i have fans , how exciting 1 thank you for your comments. so nice to hear from you becca. and getting to know you pauline.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Kyran said...

this sounds like a wonderful tea party...if I could come, I would wear a floppy hat.

okay, this is an intervention.

when you create a new post, there is a little photograph icon above the space you type in. click it. you get a new window with a button that says choose file, and below that, upload photo. click choose file.

this should take you to your computer directory. find your photos folder. choose your photo. click upload file.

it takes a few seconds, but then you should see a button that says DONE. click it. you should be back on your post you are creating. click preview and you should see your photo.

let's see that red door!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home